No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by french frank View Post

Don't think so. Yet.
    Just seen a banner at the top of the page (which I dismissed but will make a note of if it reappears) saying something like if the page doesn't display correctly try reloading with reduced protection (button to click on).

Comment

This surely has to do with the settings on your own computer, otherwise it would affect everyone, wouldn't it?
      That is quite possible and I know I had to make a couple of changes in order to get posts to display properly(but I wasn't alone in that instance), but when this issue was discussed some time ago I couldn't see either a reason or a solution.But as I say it isn't a major issue, just bit irritating on occasion - I know I am sometimes slow to compose a post, don't need a machine pointing it out!

Comment

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
        I know I am sometimes slow to compose a post, don't need a machine pointing it out!
        I had visitors at 10.30 this morning who arrived when I was half way through a post. They didn't go until gone 12 and when I came back my post was still there waiting to be finished. No time limit for ff, clearly. I'll investigate whether there is some setting for that.
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

I had visitors at 10.30 this morning who arrived when I was half way through a post. They didn't go until gone 12 and when I came back my post was still there waiting to be finished. No time limit for ff, clearly. I'll investigate whether there is some setting for that.
          I found this from back in 2007:

"No posting time limit, however, if you do not check the "remember me" box when you log in, the system will time you out."
          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Back again: If you don't check the Remember Me box, there's a session timeout of 900 seconds - 15 mins. Does that really need to be extended to write a single post?

Comment

I found this from back in 2007:

"No posting time limit, however, if you do not check the "remember me" box when you log in, the system will time you out."
              I've now done that so will see if it does the trick. I imagine I've not bothered up to now as my log-in details are pre-filled, ie appeared to have been remembered anyway, so I didn't see it was necessary.
              And no I don't think an extension beyond 15 mins is necessary - but I don't know if I've been getting that much, certainly hasn't seemed that way!

Comment

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post

I've now done that so will see if it does the trick. I imagine I've not bothered up to now as my log-in details are pre-filled, ie appeared to have been remembered anyway, so I didn't see it was necessary.
                And no I don't think an extension beyond 15 mins is necessary - but I don't know if I've been getting that much, certainly hasn't seemed that way!

Comment

Is anyone else finding that, on refreshing the page, it seems to get momentarily 'stuck' at a sticky (What are you listening to now, currently!)?

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
                    Is anyone else finding that, on refreshing the page, it seems to get momentarily 'stuck' at a sticky (What are you listening to now, currently!)?
                    Which page are you on when refreshing?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Slater View Post

Which page are you on when refreshing?
                      What's New.
                      It really is for only a split second, but it happened again just now as the page was loading at Pedants' Paradise.
                      No big deal, but it's been failrly slow to load in general recently (particularly on my iPad).

Comment

Just had difficulty signing in - the site wouldn't accept me. Turned to this thread, ticked Remember Me (never done that before...!) and that solved it.

Comment

I got an alert yesterday that my password had been leaked (actually implying that the whole site had been compromised in some way).
                          I tried to change it but was unsuccessful (kept on saying passwords had to match) so kept old one.
                          Annoyingly, the little sign in window (fingerprint option) that pops up covers the 'Remember me' tick box.

Comment

What's New.
                            It really is for only a split second, but it happened again just now as the page was loading at Pedants' Paradise.
                            No big deal, but it's been failrly slow to load in general recently (particularly on my iPad).
                            I'm afraid I can't reproduce the problem, except that refreshing causes a brief jump with only the top of the page showing. It might be your internet connection which is intermittently slow, or you're accessing the forum at a busy moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Slater View Post

I'm afraid I can't reproduce the problem, except that refreshing causes a brief jump to the top of the page. It might be your internet connection which is intermittently slow, or you're accessing the forum at a busy moment.
                              You might be right: I might reboot later as my email connection now seems down so perhaps something elsewhere is afoot!!

Comment

I got an alert yesterday that my password had been leaked (actually implying that the whole site had been compromised in some way).
                                I tried to change it but was unsuccessful (kept on saying passwords had to match) so kept old one.
                                Annoyingly, the little sign in window (fingerprint option) that pops up covers the 'Remember me' tick box.
                                Where did the alert come from? It could be a scam.

Not sure about the failure to change a password - I'll investigate.

Comment

Working...
                                X