Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew Slater View Post

Yes, sorry: what was meant to be a succinct explanation seems to have expanded a little, I'm afraid.
    Just remembered: I forgot to answer Mark's query as to whether the date you'd chosen in a few weeks time for upgrading, patching or whatever it is suited me. Since I shall probably have gone to bed by the time the work starts, any day and any time will suit me. Just ring if you need help.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Andrew Slater it happens to the best of us.
      Keep up the good work.
      Thanks for all your efforts here and on the printed pages site.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post

Hmm, correct. I was wondering if it was just the very lengthy threads but it doesn't seem to apply to What classicalmusic are you ....?

The name may not change, but is the title still bold, even if you've read it?
        Looks like all behaving now (I'm not going to worry about staying logged in on my Mac despite a restart and quitting Safari: probably a setting in that system as quitting won't necessarily have cleared the cache/site history etc).

And yes: thanks as ever to Andrew.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Webb View Post

Erm, feel a bit churlish reporting it but I'm sure we're on British Summer Time now - as I'm new to the Forum perhaps this is 'normal', and come autumn we'll be back in sync with Radio 3 timings.
          The times on the posts should be in BST - despite the note at the bottom of the page indicating GMT. I think vBulletin regards a time zone as implicitly implying 'daylight saving' when appropriate, so it doesn't recognise the term 'BST'. There's more discussion on this thread.

Comment

The times on the posts should be in BST - despite the note at the bottom of the page indicating GMT. I think vBulletin regards a time zone as implicitly implying 'daylight saving' when appropriate, so it doesn't recognise the term 'BST'. There's more discussion on this thread.
            Yes. As I write the forum is reading: All times are GMT. This page was generated at 12.02. But 12.02 is actually BST not GMT.​
            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post

Yes. As I write the forum is reading: All times are GMT. This page was generated at 12.02. But 12.02 is actually BST not GMT.​
              Thank you both for the explanation.

When I worked in government communications we always worked on GMT wherever we happened to be in the world - it was called Z -time, and all messages were timed 'Zub...09.00' etc. This was changed to Zulu....09.00, when it was realized that Zub in Egyptian is VERY rude!

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Webb View Post
                ... Z -time, and all messages were timed 'Zub...09.00' etc. This was changed to Zulu....09.00, when it was realized that Zub in Egyptian is VERY rude!
                ... bit of a cock-up there

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post

Comment

Yes, but no Mummies were offended.

Comment

Cache clearance time again, Andrew?
                      The RVW Sea symphony thread seems stuck!

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
                        Cache clearance time again, Andrew?
                        The RVW Sea symphony thread seems stuck!

Comment

... hello - something wrong on 'what classical music are you listening to' - last person there credited is me, but with anorak's avatar. Actually last person there is anorak...

EDIT at 15:06 - this seems to have been corrected...
                          Last edited by vinteuil; 17-04-24, 15:06.

Comment

EDIT at 15:06 - this seems to have been corrected...
                            That's because I spotted it and cleared the cache (again!)

Comment

That's because I spotted it and cleared the cache (again!)
                              Same cache (so filling up very quickly) or a different one (different thread)?
                              Not sure (nor do I need to know, ha ha) what the process involves.

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post

Same cache (so filling up very quickly) or a different one (different thread)?
                                Not sure (nor do I need to know, ha ha) what the process involves.
                                One cache; it involves selecting a maintenance option marked 'clear cache' (or similar). Not a big job.

Comment

Working...
                                X