This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, shleep

What composers came from Iceland (apart from Björk)?
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Not to step on shleep's toes, but it seems timely and a propos to chuck this in right here:

Prelude / Förspel (1961)Helsinki PO.../Leif Segerstam (1997)

My favorite Icelandic contribution to classical music; my LEAST favorite Icelandic contribution to European airspace.

Comment

Hello, just to see if my pic appears

Comment

Just to se if my avatar appears

Comment

It has - hello Crowcatcher!
            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by Crowcatcher View Post
              Just to see if my avatar appears
              What mountain is that, Crowcatcher?

Comment

Originally posted by prokkyshosty View Post
                Not to step on shleep's toes, but it seems timely and a propos to chuck this in right here:

Prelude / Förspel (1961)Helsinki PO.../Leif Segerstam (1997)

My favorite Icelandic contribution to classical music; my LEAST favorite Icelandic contribution to European airspace.
                If this doesn't chase off prospective new members, nothing will.

I liked this music very much and so I looked up the composer, Jon Leifs. He was born in 1899, died in 1968 and named the first of his two daughters, Snot.

Comment

Hello from a new member. Well I signed up a few days ago, but I really am quite new.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnynorms View Post
                    Hello from a new member. Well I signed up a few days ago, but I really am quite new.
                    Hello, johnnynorms . Hope you'll enjoy posting here. Have a look around, find the subjects that interest you, say what you want to say and - that's about it really!

Comment

johnnynorms, I've just sent you a Private Message - top of the page, red highlighted link.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sherratt
                        Welcome to the newest member, today, lunchtime 5th July.
                        It couldn't be, could it ?

... working shifts? ... buying his own season ticket??? je m'en doute...

Comment

Finally, I've got my problems sort out I hope with this forum, and I can post normally. Here's hoping! In the meantime, I'm listening to Villa Lobos (William Bennett and Friends on Hyperion) and then as it's her 105 birthday yesterday, Liz Lutyens with Jane's Minstrels on NMC. Great stuff...

Comment

Colonel!

Comment

Originally posted by hackneyvi View Post
                              and named the first of his two daughters, Snot.
                              If this is not used in Alphabet Associations someday, I shall be very disappointed.

Comment

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I hope to contribute and share my love of music.:cool2:

Comment

Working...
                                X