No announcement yet.
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I often go through the night with him, as a listener.
    Good job you clarified that!

Comment

Originally posted by Simon View Post
      Good job you clarified that!
      No Simon, it's your mind that decided to clarify that. Now, I am off to bed with, in a short while TTN, and Arthur Ransome, Peter Duck. Now make that what of you if you will.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
        No Simon, it's your mind that decided to clarify that. Now, I am off to bed with, in a short while TTN, and Arthur Ransome, Peter Duck. Now make that what of you if you will.
        Your mention of Peter Duck takes me back to reading it late into the evening as a boy of 10 - using the last rays of the sun before falling asleep at my Prep School in the 50s. Good memories.

Comment

'Morning, 3Listener, nice to see you
          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

the number of members keeps nudging up, welcome to all and does new member 550 get a bag of toffees?
            According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

Hello everyone,

I have just joined this forum having reached it via the Radio 3 Listeners Forum on librarything.com .

Comment

Hello pipisyou

No etiquette - just dive in anywhere you like!
                It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Hello - some of you may know me elsewhere as ...trj...

Comment

Hello, Trudge. Some of us do indeed know you, albeit from a bit of a distance, as ...trj... It would be most welcome if you would strengthen the musical discussion here in your areas of expertise. Sometimes, a machete is useful to cut through the undergrowth and garrigue

Comment

I'll do my best

Comment

garrigue

improving my vocabulary again FF and hello trj aka Trudge

..and why should one want to despoil the beauty of nature with a blade ..... the urge for 'tidy' is a most unnatural impulse ..
                        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

That's a very tame nature in your pic, CDaJ. I think the machete is used for hacking through the rainforest really - and that to make some headway through terrain that would be otherwise impassable through nature's abundant obstructions :winkeye

Comment

Garrigue low but spiny. The haunt of members of the genus Sylvia

Comment

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
                              ..... the urge for 'tidy' is a most unnatural impulse ..

o da jazbo - but all the good things is "unnatural" - Bach - Rembrandt - Proust - claret - walking upright - bicycling - NONE of it is "natural"....

Comment

Hello! Im new here, don't you know!

Comment

Working...
                                X