X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tophat View Post
    Hi,

I am new to this forum. I hope to contribute and share my love of music.:cool2:
    Hello, tophat . A hearty welcome. Just dive in. If you need any help on anything (I mean forum-type things), just send me a Private Message or post a question in the 'How to ..' forum at the bottom.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Hi! I am new here and to Radio 3. Have only recently started getting into classical music so have a lot to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Three View Post
        Hi! I am new here and to Radio 3. Have only recently started getting into classical music so have a lot to learn.
        I'm sure you'll enjoy it
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome!

Comment

I'm new here although I will confess to being a lurker of this site for some time!
            Now I have reformed - I imagine this is where I start?

Comment

Well, it's as good a place as any to say 'hello'. So, welcome!

After that there are no formalities - pitch in wherever you feel like it and if you have any problems, post them down in the 'How to...' forum at the bottom of the homepage, or click on my name and send me a private message.

Hope you find lots here of interest - take your pick

Comment

Hi,

I'm another newbie to the forum. I'm a regular R3 listener, a frequenter of the Bridgewater Hall, and since 2008 I've made quite a few trips down to the RAH during Proms season.

Ferryman

Comment

Hello, ferryman,

Congratulations on finding your way here! Quite a few Bridgewater frequenters here too. Hope you hang around when the Proms are over to talk about R3 and this and that.

Comment

It'll be good to get in touch with some fellow 'Bridgewater Frequenters'

And I look forward to the chat about 'this and that', but don't forget 'the other'.....

Comment

Hello to all. I used to be an infrequent poster on the BBC boards and am mostly a non attendee of concerts these days owing to having small chilldren and no time. I've come on here to nod wisely as people who know more than me about classical music expound at length.
                      The best music is the music that persuades us there is no other music in the world-- Alex Ross

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjon View Post
                        I've come on here to nod wisely as people who know more than me about classical music expound at length.
                        Good plan, gingerjon. It serves me quite well too

Comment

Some people nod to my wisdom....not a lot....Oh it seems they are just nodding off....

My dogs sometimes nod at me, but then they just want to be fed....
                          bong ching

Comment

Hello, at last, a vehicle for my rants about the morning programmes. I'm too old to be treated like a toddler by some of the nursery school presenters. I see by the blogs that I'm amongst friends.

Comment

Hello Karen

Welcome! Yes, I think you will hear a few voices raised in anguish here - down on the 'Playlist' messageboard where there are several discussions about the new schedules - and quite a lot about the old ones too!

Comment

Hello all. I've also been thoroughly dispirited by the direction Radio 3 has been going in for years. I posted a comment on Roger Wright's blog earlier, but judging on his Feedback comments, I don't suppose anything will change, alas. Anyway, good to join an excellent site.

Comment

Working...
                                X