Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
    Heyy Stan - That Profil Nézet performance with the Staatskapelle Dresden is great, but I have a slight preference for the later (?) Orchestre Métropolitain account.

I am studiously ignoring version city !!
    Hiya Beefy,

With Bruckner 3 being the most-revised of his symphonies - as I have become familiar with hearing various accounts of the work - I do now notice many of the various differences which are marked at times.
    Last edited by Stanfordian; 16-11-17, 12:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
      Having only heard it earlier this year, the Staatskapelle Dresden/Sinopoli has gone to the top of my list in this work. Terrific performance!
      Another one to try! That's four!!
      Don’t cry for me
      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
        Another one to try! That's four!!
        Hiya Maestro,

There are some admirable performances of Bruckner 3 out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanfordian View Post
          Hiya Maestro,

There are some admirable performances of Bruckner 3 out there.
          I'll be having a look on Spotify premium!
          Don’t cry for me
          I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
            Having only heard it earlier this year, the Staatskapelle Dresden/Sinopoli has gone to the top of my list in this work. Terrific performance!
            and reference to post #354 reminds us of this ....

I will be listening to B3 a fair bit over the next seven days and the Sinopoli will be in my next batch.

I will reiterate my sadness that Bruckner cut the scherzo in 3. I really don't understand his decision.

Comment

B3 - Venzago, Bern Symphony Orchestra (this performance doesn't seem to take off like some of the others in this cycle)
              B3 - Sinopoli, Dresden Staatskapelle (this just gets better with each listen. I'd take this performance over the Blomstedt)
              B3 - Kna, VPO (keep coming back to this one, need to think about what causes this magnetism)

Comment

Working...
              X