X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Norfolk Born View Post
    a writer who is currently very much in the news
    I'm going to plump for Mr Dickens of Doughty Street sometimes portrayed by Mr S Callow

Comment

If not O'Toole, then Donat?
      And Brian Blessed or Bert Lynch for (2)
      And Simon Callow for (3)?

... the O escapes me!
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

How often have I done that!
        For those unfamiliar with the format of some of my questions, only the musical link begins with 'O'.

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
          If not O'Toole, then Donat?
          And Brian Blessed or Bert Lynch for (2)
          And Simon Callow for (3)?

... the O escapes me!
          You have all three names.
          Brian Blessed played this four-footed character on the London stage. Robert Donat and Simon Callow both recorded a setting of the relevant poem of the same name.

Comment

Allan O'Keefe's most notable role was playing PC Fred Render in the successful police drama Z-Cars.... ?

Edit: Blown out of the water by previous msg

Comment

"Bert Lynch" was the character (<doh>): the actor was James Ellis.

Comment

Please see #14005 fhg is, I think, on the brink of completing the answer...?

Comment

Ozzy Osborne

Comment

You have all three names.
                    Brian Blessed played this four-footed character on the London stage. Robert Donat and Simon Callow both recorded a setting of the relevant poem of the same name.
                    Old Deuteronomy from Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats played in Cats by Brian Blessed and recorded by both Robert Donat and Simon Callow?

Comment

Please see #14005 fhg is, I think, on the brink of completing the answer...?
                      News to me!

Do "pea-green boats" and "runcible spoons" feature?

EDIT: Ah, not if Ammy's got it!

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                        Old Deuteronomy from Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats played in Cats by Brian Blessed and recorded by both Robert Donat and Simon Callow?
                        Robert Donat, who played Mr Chips, recorded Alan Rawsthorne's setting of T S Eliot's 'Old Deuteronomy', as did Simon Callow.
                        fhg named the three actors, but ammy got the right cat. I'll leave you to decide who gets to set the 'P'.

Comment

Robert Donat, who played Mr Chips, recorded Alan Rawsthorne's setting of T S Eliot's 'Old Deuteronomy', as did Simon Callow.
                          fhg named the three actors, but ammy got the right cat. I'll leave you to decide who gets to set the 'P'.
                          I wouldn't have got Old Deuteronomy without ferney's Brian Blessed clue It's deffo a ferney P I reckon

Comment

You could get Noel rawsthorne in there as well could you?

Comment

Yes..but there's no 'l' in Rawsthorne
                              Editor: This is getting silly
                              Norfolk Born: I agree. I'm off to the local church to hear a concert of Beethoven string quartets

Comment

I wouldn't have got Old Deuteronomy without ferney's Brian Blessed clue It's deffo a ferney P I reckon
                                You're very kind, Ammy, but I was way off the full answer (as I say, I was hunting for Owls and Pussycats, and Stravinsky and I don't know what!)

I think you should take the P - who knows? You might end up having to do the Q!

Comment

Working...
                                X