No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by french frank View Post

Thanks, Andrew (and me, a bit)
    Yes, thanks for digging out your original artwork.

Comment

Andrew: time to clear the cache again?
      The What Classical....thread is stuck with smittins' post and Roger Webb's avatar!
      PS: now with Sir Velo's handsome face instead.
      :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
        Andrew: time to clear the cache again?
        The What Classical....thread is stuck with smittins' post and Roger Webb's avatar!
        PS: now with Sir Velo's handsome face instead.
        :-)
        Duly cleared. It's the first time it's been needed for almost a week, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Slater View Post

Duly cleared. It's the first time it's been needed for almost a week, I think.
          Thanks.
          Does it simply depend on the number of posts or their frequency or some weird combination?

Comment

Thanks.
            Does it simply depend on the number of posts or their frequency or some weird combination?
            I'm not at all sure. I need to make notes. It does seem to be triggered by posts which are close together, but close-together posts don't always trigger it. It seems that the cache is only being partially updated - it updates the latest poster information, because it shows their avatar, but it doesn't update the actual latest post information. It must be a subtle bug. It's been the subject of complaints on the vB forum, but the advice is just to clear the cache.

Comment

I'm not at all sure. I need to make notes. It does seem to be triggered by posts which are close together, but close-together posts don't always trigger it. It seems that the cache is only being partially updated - it updates the latest poster information, because it shows their avatar, but it doesn't update the actual latest post information. It must be a subtle bug. It's been the subject of complaints on the vB forum, but the advice is just to clear the cache.
              It's happened again to the consolation thread.

Comment

You're quicker than me: I checked just a while ago and I thought all was well .... well it is now!

Comment

You're quicker than me: I checked just a while ago and I thought all was well .... well it is now!
                  Does it need doing regularly (as in more frequently than I do in fact spot it) then or do some threads trigger it, or (as your previous reply might suggest) is it a great unknown?
                  Seems very soon after the last time.

Comment

Does it need doing regularly (as in more frequently than I do in fact spot it) then or do some threads trigger it, or (as your previous reply might suggest) is it a great unknown?
                    Seems very soon after the last time.
                    It happens more frequently than you spot it, but not usually every day: once every 3 or 4 days isn't unusual. Of course it might be happening more frequently and correcting itself before anyone spots it. I did spot it once and left it a few hours, as nobody had complained, to see if it would correct itself, but it didn't. I've no idea what triggers it.

Comment

Andrew: cache clearance needed?
                      The Hugo Wolf thread seems stuck at the top of the What's New display.

Comment

Andrew: cache clearance needed?
                        The Hugo Wolf thread seems stuck at the top of the What's New display.

Comment

Anyone else having to (re)log in all the time?
                          It's happening on both my iPad and main Mac.

Comment

Anyone else having to (re)log in all the time?
                            It's happening on both my iPad and main Mac.
                            Don't think so. Yet.
                            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post

Don't think so. Yet.
                              I've had problems on this front ever since the change-over, getting timed-out in effect partway through composing a post. The amount of time involved doesn't seem to be constant which doesn't help. It's a bit tiresome but as I can now log back in without losing the post content(not the case to begin with) I just accept it's one of the quirks - like the post numbering order reversing between just browsing and logging in - although that one does still catch me out on occasion.

Comment

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post

I've had problems on this front ever since the change-over, getting timed-out in effect partway through composing a post. The amount of time involved doesn't seem to be constant which doesn't help. It's a bit tiresome but as I can now log back in without losing the post content(not the case to begin with) I just accept it's one of the quirks - like the post numbering order reversing between just browsing and logging in - although that one does still catch me out on occasion.
                                This surely has to do with the settings on your own computer, otherwise it would affect everyone, wouldn't it?
                                It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Working...
                                X