Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
    Neil Warnock managed 33 days up in the Granite City in charge of the Dons. Took them into the semis of the Scottish Cup at the weekend, but the weather was obviously too chilly for him to handle. So he's skedaddled back south.
    ts will be surprised to hear that I will be rooting for the Greenock soap dodgers against the Jam Tarts in the last of the quarter-finals this evening. Hope they get into the semis.
    Hmmm, I suspect that you were just trying to jinx the soap dodgers really JC, in which case it worked.
    The south coast Saints are in the middle of a three week break, which is followed by a fixture pile up.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Neil Warnock managed 33 days up in the Granite City in charge of the Dons. Took them into the semis of the Scottish Cup at the weekend, but the weather was obviously too chilly for him to handle. So he's skedaddled back south.
      ts will be surprised to hear that I will be rooting for the Greenock soap dodgers against the Jam Tarts in the last of the quarter-finals this evening. Hope they get into the semis.
      I think that it was never intended to last long - just managing a team north of the border was on his bucket list.

Meanwhile the scrap for L1 status in the Championship gets interesting - ironic that the Owls are nearer to safety than all season so far whereas a few just above are at their lowest - however a trip to Portman Road on Saturday may keep us in the bottom three for now!

ts, I assume your long early Spring break is a combination of planned opponents being cup involved and then the Int break. Are you also a match behind because of a fire?

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post

I think that it was never intended to last long - just managing a team north of the border was on his bucket list.

Meanwhile the scrap for L1 status in the Championship gets interesting - ironic that the Owls are nearer to safety than all season so far whereas a few just above are at their lowest - however a trip to Portman Road on Saturday may keep us in the bottom three for now!

ts, I assume your long early Spring break is a combination of planned opponents being cup involved and then the Int break. Are you also a match behind because of a fire?

Love to help, old chap, but ....... (I'm sure you understand)

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post

Leicester game is postponed due to their cup involvement, and the fire postponement put us a game behind.
          busy April for us . The fight at the bottom could get nasty !! The Owls have given themselves a fighting chance , which seemed quite unlikely in the autumn.
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

Ten minutes into the 2nd half, and 0-2 to the good that most dangerous of thoughts arrived unannounced in my head, 'Well at least we can't lose it from here!'
            Fifteen minutes later and the Buddies had shipped five goals. A really sore one. No Sportscene for me this evening.

Comment

Ten minutes into the 2nd half, and 0-2 to the good that most dangerous of thoughts arrived unannounced in my head, 'Well at least we can't lose it from here!'
              Fifteen minutes later and the Buddies had shipped five goals. A really sore one. No Sportscene for me this evening.
              Tractor Boys 6 Owls 0

OUCH!

Comment

A forum playoff match between the Foxes and the Saints is less unlikely than it was a few weeks ago.

could have been a good day for us, if we had played well, or even played badly and won, but we played badly and dropped points. Bad combo.

Comment

Owls 1 Swans 1

Had to settle for a point - 3 would have been useful but at least we are now level on points with the two above us! We can get there !

Comment

Been away from reliable WiFi for a while so ….

Eastleigh 1 Hangers 1
                    Gateshead 7 (SEVEN!!!!!!) Hangers 1 Doom Gloom
                    Hangers 1 Halifax 0

Roller coaster then …..

Newcastle 4 West ‘am 3

more roller coaster ………

Comment

Another point for the Buddies yesterday when three would have been preferable. Two games before the break - Hearts and Celtic. One point secures top six for the second season in a row - we're making a bit of difficult job of it...how unlike the Saints. Remain fifth.

Comment

According to our manager were the better team today. He doesn’t seem to regard conceding 3 goals ,having dominated the game ,as being an indicator of not actually being the better team.
                        It isn’t as if he hasn’t had a number of opportunities to get his head round the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                          According to our manager were the better team today. He doesn’t seem to regard conceding 3 goals ,having dominated the game ,as being an indicator of not actually being the better team.
                          It isn’t as if he hasn’t had a number of opportunities to get his head round the issue.
                          I see the Saints had 65% possession in tonight's match. There's certainly been no shortage of goals (at both ends) at Portman Road this season!

Comment

Alker Hornets 1 Hangers 1

conceded a very, very late equaliser against 10 men - not the way, I would suggest, to do it …….

Comment

Despite defeat the Buddies crawled into the top six following defeats for rivals Hibs and Dunders. Fifth and no relegation. Some fine results for forum teams. Owls really doing good stuff...keep it up. Leicester and southerly Saints too, and the 'pool. Bit of a reverse for Ipswich, but that's what happens when you come up against a Scottish International goalie, I suppose.

Comment

Despite defeat the Buddies crawled into the top six following defeats for rivals Hibs and Dunders. Fifth and no relegation. Some fine results for forum teams. Owls really doing good stuff...keep it up. Leicester and southerly Saints too, and the 'pool. Bit of a reverse for Ipswich, but that's what happens when you come up against a Scottish International goalie, I suppose.
                                A final decisive blow to our automatic promotion hopes. On a day when two of the top three dropped points, we could just have hauled ourselves back into the race, but we turned in a desperate performance. Playoffs for us, and morale is on the floor.

Great win for Leicester, and good to see the Buddies hanging on to top 6 status.And a vital win for the Owls. Big old scrap at the bottom.

Comment

Working...
                                X